Consider naming Marvin United Methodist Church as a beneficiary in your will or trust.
What gifts, in addition to cash and pledges, does Marvin Church accept? The Board of Trustees has guidelines specific to many of the ways to give outlined below. Before making a gift, consult with your financial advisor and the Marvin Church business administrator to ensure you receive the best personal value for your donation and to determine if your gift meets Marvin Church gift acceptance guidelines. Creative ways to give might include:
- Gifts to support a restricted fund like the Perpetual Maintenance Fund or the Eternal Flame Fund.
- Gifts in Kind – Gifts of art, jewelry, equipment, and other tangible personal property.
- Honor and Memorial Gifts – You may wish to give a gift in honor or memory of a friend or loved one.
- Real Estate – A gift of real estate may provide help you avoid Capital Gains Tax on the difference in what you paid for the property and what it is worth now. Consult your tax advisor about the amount of tax savings such a gift might produce for you.
- Publicly traded securities and closely-held stock.
- Life Insurance – You can give a life insurance policy or name Marvin United Methodist Church as a beneficiary.
- Retirement plan/IRA benefits or proceeds.
- Other gifts approved by the Board of Trustees.
Contact: ROBYN THOMASON