Mark your calendars for our annual Great Day of Service set for Saturday, March 24. This hands-on mission event offers a wide variety of projects for all ages.
The kick-off breakfast will be at 8 a.m. in Pirtle Hall (cost is $5). After a great meal and devotional, we will break into work teams. Lunch will be provided at each work site. Projects will conclude no later than mid-afternoon. Child care will be available at the church, but you must pre-register your children.
Click to sign up or visit the table in the atrium on Sunday mornings.
Some of the projects include:
- FAMILY PROJECT—Plant flowers and prepare the yard for spring at the St. Paul Children’s Foundation behind the dental clinic.
- CONFIRMATION CLASS PROJECT—To be announced.
- MENDERS PROJECT—To be announced.
- BOOKCASES FOR SANTA’S SECRET WORKSHOP—Paint base coats on bookcases at St. Paul Children’s Foundation (1313 E. Richards).
- EAST TEXAS FOOD BANK—Do projects for the food bank. We have 30 openings for this morning-only project. Participants must wear closed-toe shoes and the minimum age to help is 6 years old. The food bank is located at 3201 Robertson Road.
- COLLEGE PROJECT, BONNER ELEMENTARY SUPPORT—To be announced.
- THE CARD FACTORY—Make encouragement cards for mission ministries (at Marvin).
- TIE BLANKETS—Make no-sew blankets for children in crisis (at Marvin).
- DECORATING PINWHEELS—Make pinwheels for the Children’s Advocacy Center (at Marvin).
- SUPPORT SERVICES—Take photos at sites, breakfast helpers, assemble lunches, errand runners