Mark your calendars for our annual Great Day of Service set for Saturday, March 25. This hands-on mission event offers a wide variety of projects for all ages.
The kick-off breakfast will be at 8 a.m. in Pirtle Hall (cost is $5). After a great meal and devotional, we will break into work teams. Lunch will be provided at each work site. Projects will conclude no later than mid-afternoon. Note that there will not be child care but families with small children are encouraged to register for the family-friendly flowers project.
Click to register or sign up at the table in the atrium on Sunday mornings.
Some of the projects for that day include:
- FAMILY PROJECT—Plant flowers and prepare the yard for spring (St. Paul Children’s Foundation behind the dental clinic).
- CONFIRMATION CLASS PROJECT—Deep cleaning at Gateway to Hope, the day center of Hiway 80 Rescue Mission. (601 E. Valentine).
- COVERED RAMP—Build a covered walkway between buildings at St. Paul Children’s Foundation (1350 E. Richards).
- BOOKCASES FOR SANTA’S SECRET WORKSHOP—Paint base coats on bookcases (SPCF at 1313 E. Richards).
- CORNERSTONE ASSISTANCE NETWORK—Brick work (200 N. Beckham)
- THE CARD FACTORY—Make encouragement cards for mission ministries (Marvin UMC).
- COOKING FOR VETERANS—Prepare lunch at Marvin and serve at Tyler Veterans Event (Marvin UMC/TJC West Campus).
- TIE BLANKETS—Make no-sew blankets for children at the East Texas Behavioral Health Center (Marvin UMC).
- MISSIONS FURNITURE STORAGE—Inventory, redirect any items that need to go to other places; we need lifters (storage sites on South Broadway).
- SUPPORT SERVICES—Take digital photos at sites, breakfast helpers, assemble lunches, errand runners