Since 1988, one of the foundations of Marvin's Christian outreach and service has been Mission Week! Participants of all ages experience a wide variety of hands-on projects during the week. This year we celebrate 30 years of good work as we continue to build God’s Kingdom.
There’s a place for everyone to serve! You can deliver water or do major construction or do minor construction or paint or do yard work or do electrical work or install flooring or take digital photos or tie blankets or run errands or serve meals or sew school bags or pray or give money! We need you!
Mission Week 2018: Building God’s Kingdom
REGISTRATION | Begins Sunday, May 20. You can register online or pick up forms from the church. Shirts and caps will also be on sale.
KICK-OFF DINNER | 6 p.m. Friday, June 15, at Pollard UMC
WORK DAYS | Saturday, June 16; Monday through Friday, June 18 through 22
CLOSING CELEBRATION | 6 p.m. Saturday, June 23, at Marvin UMC
Child care is available for kids in kindergarten and younger. Send meals with your child.
Kick-Off Dinner Friday, June 15 | Child care from 6-8 p.m. at Pollard UMC, 3030 Copeland Road
Work Days June 16-21 | Child care from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at Marvin UMC, 300 W. Erwin
Work Day Friday, June 22 | Child care from 9 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at Marvin UMC
Closing Celebration | Child care from 6-8 p.m. at Marvin UMC
Kids serve – click for information
- GARCIA FAMILY | Remodel kitchen, add on two bedrooms and a laundry room, paint exterior
- BUSTOS FAMILY | Repair flooring, add deck
- KEMP FAMILY | repair and paint ramp
- ROY FAMILY | repair ceilings
- PARTNER PROJECTS
- WALKER HOUSE | Replace 22 windows
- ST. PAUL CHILDREN’S DENTAL CLINIC | install new flooring
- PAINT BOOKCASES FOR SANTA’S SECRET WORKSHOP (SPCF Annex)
- TIE BLANKETS FOR KIDS IN CRISIS (Marvin UMC)
- SEW SCHOOL BAGS FOR UMCOR (Marvin UMC)
- MAKE MILITARY ENCOURAGEMENT CARDS (Marvin UMC)
- WORK AT THE CLOTHES CLOSET/FOOD PANTRY (St. Paul Children’s Foundation)
MARVIN KIDS SERVE
Kids will work Monday through Thursday. Pre-registration is required through the Children’s Ministry. Click for information and to sign up.
Mid-high students will work Monday through Thursday. Pre-registration is required through the Student Ministry.
NEIGHBORHOOD KIDS SERVE
This is a special mission focus for neighborhood children 3:30-5 p.m. Monday-Thursday at Andrews Park
Deliver ice and drinks to all work sites.
LOAVES & FISHES TEAM
Prepare and serve meals, make homemade desserts.
Take digital photos during the week to capture the fun, fellowship and progress of the projects.
Pick up and deliver needed items to the work sites.
Contact: MELISSA BRIGMAN