Welcome back to on-campus worship! Sanctuary worship and Core both have services at 8:30 and 11 a.m. There's plenty of room to spread out and maintain healthy distancing. Services continue to livestream as usual at 11 a.m. The nursery is open by reservation.
Safety is foremost on our minds. To that end, we ask for your cooperation and compliance in the following:
- Maintain proper distance between you and anyone not in your family;
- Wear a mask (if you forget yours, we will have extras on hand);
- Stay home if you are not feeling well;
- Stay home if you have any underlying health conditions that put you at high risk;
- Please exit the church and avoid extended conversations with others in the hallways—consider taking such conversations outside to the parking lots.
The facility has been commercially cleaned and sanitized, and we have purchased commercial sanitizing equipment to ensure that the campus stays clean and sanitary. Hand sanitizing stations are located all over the facility, and there is plenty of soap and hot water available in washrooms for your use.
March 3 update
While Governor Abbott has released all state mandates on occupancy and masking in Texas, Marvin Church will, for the immediate future, continue to operate under its COVID-19 protocol in compliance with CDC guidelines – which includes requiring masks worn inside our facility. This is in alignment with our desire to make Marvin Church the safest place for the most vulnerable among us.
We will continue to closely evaluate progress made to combat COVID-19 and we anticipate relaxing restrictions in the future as is appropriate. With the approval of a third vaccine and the ramping up of vaccine production, our hope is that all who desire will be vaccinated by the end of May, if not sooner.
Our present plan is to review amendments to our protocol with our lay leadership within the next four weeks and then present a revised protocol to our Administrative Council at its April 20 meeting.
As we began a journey to move back to some semblance of normalcy, we are relaxing our protocols in the following areas:
- Standing during worship has already been enacted.
- Beginning Sunday, April 11, we will serve coffee and doughnuts in Horton Place 30 minutes before the early service and between services.
- Church committees, Sunday school classes, program activities and Bible studies complying with our COVID-19 protocols have already been welcomed back on the church campus.
- This summer’s schedule will also include the return of Mission Week and Vacation Bible School.
We will communicate any changes in our protocols as soon as they are determined. The safety of our members and staff remains our highest priority.
Please join us in continuing to pray for those who have the virus and those who grieve the loss of loved ones.
Worship on Facebook (you don't have to be a member of Facebook to participate)
WORSHIP ON YOUTUBE
Want the latest information?
Click here to subscribe to the Messenger, our e-newsletter, for current updates.