How can you get involved in CityFest through Marvin?
Be a Festival Friend
CityFest training is at 7 p.m. Sept. 10 at Lane’s Chapel UMC, but if you sign up for the Midweek class Evangelism for Normal People, you’ll be trained.
Want information? Contact Pastor Melanie.
Provide prayer coverage
- Get trained | Attend prayer training at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 9 at Tyler Metro Church, 14196 TX 100 in Whitehouse, or at 6:30 p.m. Sept. 10 at Grace Community Church, 3215 Old Jacksonville Hwy.
- Walk the square | Next time you’re in downtown Tyler, walk around the downtown square and pray for CityFest.
- Prayer mail | Sign up for daily prayer updates.
Want information? Visit CityFest.org/prayer.
Family Fun Zone and Sports Zone
Work with kids during the two days of the Festival.
Want information? Contact Michelle Kenyon.
- Front-line Warriors | Process the decision cards turned in after the Festival Oct. 5. Be at Marvin at 10 p.m.
- Mailing Team | Send cards to churches with information about new member prospects
- Call Team | Call people who made decisions at CityFest who were referred to Marvin. You’ll have a script to follow.
- Marvin Friend | Meet a first-time attender at the Welcome Center Oct. 13 and take them to a worship service.
Want information? Contact Regina Childress.
- Life to Life | Disciple a new believer one-on-one. Training is available to make it easy!
Want information? Contact Russ Cooper.
The most important way to get involved
Invite and bring a non-believer to Festival events.
- Women’s Luncheon | Noon Oct. 2 at Harvey Hall
- Buck Out | A rodeo with a gospel message, 6 p.m. Oct. 2 at Cross Brand Cowboy Arena
- Men’s Luncheon | Noon Oct. 3 at Harvey Hall
- The Festival | 4-10 p.m. Oct. 5 and 6 on the downtown square with testimonies, messages from Andrew Palau and performances by Newsboys (Oct. 5), Lecrae (Oct. 6) and more top Christian artists.